Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) Manager, London
A forward-thinking asset management company is looking to appoint a self-motivated, analytically-minded individual to take charge of their Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) reporting. Sitting within the Investment group, this role will work closely with the Dealing desk to assess Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) and Best Execution reporting for the firm. In addition to regulatory obligations, the TCA Manager will also be expected to produce insights from this data to help reduce costs and/or improve elements of trade execution.
The successful candidate must have proven experience in a similar TCA/Best Execution/market analysis role and be familiar with the current regulatory requirements. An understanding of analysing financial benchmark data and statistical concepts is required, and therefore the ability to work with large data sets is required; a quantitative background would be highly beneficial, with good Excel skills. A thorough understanding of trading in financial markets would also be strongly preferred.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Produce client TCA and best execution reports. Review and challenge this data to ensure reports are accurate and understood prior to their distribution to clients.
- Manage client reporting schedule with Client Reporting and Client Services teams.
- Field questions from clients on reports.
- Partner with the Dealing desk to develop desk-specific reports to assist with best execution obligations, and produce best execution reports on behalf of the Dealing desk.
- Conduct analysis of data and report on findings to Dealing desk / internal committees as appropriate.
- Work closely with Dealers to review key metrics and challenge findings where necessary (e.g. broker lists, broker commission, trading metrics).
- Manage relationship with the TCA vendor.
- Implement suitable controls and procedures for ensuring data integrity and timely reporting of client data. Ensure data integrity of the TCA/best ex data.
- Participate on client calls with Client Services, as required, to review reports with clients or field questions from prospective clients.
- Produce MI for internal risk committees.
- Generate new insights from analysis of data and trends.
- Keep abreast of regulatory and industry developments.
To be successful in this role, you must a deep understanding of investment and trading processes and, ideally, knowledge of both Equities and Fixed Income. Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise competing demands on your time, and a proactive approach to solving problems is also required. The right individual will be analytical, detail-oriented and have the ability to work autonomously.
This is a role with good visibility in the Front Office, with the potential to evolve over time to encompass a broader remit from the Investment teams.
To hear more about this challenging role, please contact Peter Llewellyn on 020 7847 8873 or email email@example.com
Please note that only successful applicants can be contacted.< Back to Opportunities