Senior Project Manager
Our client, a leading Asset Manager is looking to hire a Senior Project Manager to join a centralised programme function and take responsibility for managing a range of cross-departmental projects with a global reach.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsibility for management and execution of projects and project workstreams.
- Develop robust and achievable project plans, including management of timescales, scope, risks, and budgets
- Track, manage and prioritise project activities deliverables towards agreed outcomes, and identify and develop mitigation strategies to ensure projects remain on track.
- Track, manage and prioritise expenditure against budget working closely with Finance.
- Provide support to the running of Project Steering Groups as well as Project Working Groups to the extent required, including the required project reporting in line with project governance frameworks applicable.
- Develop and manage effective stakeholder engagement plans and communication plans to ensure appropriate management of key stakeholders locally and globally.
- Effectively develop and manage key relationships with Subject matter experts, external advisors/suppliers as well as key stakeholders ensuring key project milestones are delivered.
- Provide knowledge and guidance to others in the development of deliverables, process improvement and escalate and resolve issues as appropriate.
- Promote the adoption and usage of project management tools, processes and methodologies, and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Flexibility to work across global time zones, from time to time, to support global project delivery
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in the global financial services industry, with a strong preference for previous asset management experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading and executing global large-scale cross-departmental projects with senior stakeholders, to budget, schedule and quality measures
- PMP / Prince 2 / Agile qualification and / or Lean Six Sigma qualification preferable
- Self-starting, driven individual able to effectively operate in environment with competing priorities and ambiguity
- Experience of vendor contract management preferable
- Experience in project architecture standards, blueprints, roadmaps
- Experience in matrix reporting lines within global organisation
- Demonstrable experience in making sound decision and judgment in face of adversity, to resolve and roadblocks and issues
To hear more about this challenging opportunity, please contact Alex Brown on 020 7847 8878 or email email@example.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feed back on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.< Back to Opportunities