Senior ETF Capital Markets Specialist
A premier international asset management firm, with expertise in ETFs, is looking to bring in a high calibre Capital Markets professional to support their growth in Europe. This role will act as a product expert, providing market leading and contemporary know-how in highly visible internal and external discussion forums regarding ETF trading and liquidity topics, and serve as a relationship manager to the Capital Markets community. The primary responsibilities of the position will be to develop new relationships, or maintain and deepen existing connections with ETF liquidity providers and Buy-side execution desks.
Role & Responsibilities
Ecosystem Relationship Management
- Manages relationships with outside vendors including investment banks, exchanges, specialist market making firms, and index providers. Develops and maintains strong relationships with senior level contacts at external partners.
- Serves as expert on market and trading characteristics related to exchanges, ECNs, and dark pools. Understands ETF trading from the point of view of a market maker/trading desk. Has a deep understanding of alternatives instruments relative to ETFs that are used to obtain market exposure: Swaps, Options, and Futures. Educates liquidity providers and buy-side block desks on ETF product structure, ways to price and trade ETFs, and appropriate developments across the industry.
Client Services & Thought Leadership
- Develops and maintains a broad knowledge and awareness of trading industry developments, competitors, and exchange rules that impact the trading community. Speaks at industry conferences, internal panels, regulatory forums, and professional bodies as required and contributes to thought leadership with the goal of shaping the company’s view of ETF market structure.
- Collaborates Sales and Product Management to develop product and market related content for client education and consumption. Travels with Sales Executives or independently to meet with key clients or prospects to discuss trading of ETFs. Educates clients on trading best practices including how to achieve best execution.
Product Health and Advocacy
- Analyses and has awareness of ETF industry trends in the context of economic, political, regulatory and capital markets developments in order to contribute to the firm’s Capital Markets strategy, as well as support investment decision-making.
- Works together Front Office and Product Management to drive change and improve the operational or trading aspects of the ETF lineup. Demonstrates initiative, creativity and expertise in independently identifying opportunities and solutions for areas of improvement within the ETF operational process.
Skills & Qualifications
- It is envisaged that the right candidate will have a minimum of eight years of directly relevant experience, including a minimum of five years ETF experience and/or equity/program/derivatives trading experience. Expertise in trading techniques, capital markets and market liquidity are essential.
- Undergraduate degree from a leading institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. CFA certification or MBA degree would also be strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Solid organisational skills, with a proven ability to work across multiple functions / stake-holders.
- Demonstrable record of leading and developing junior members of teams.
- A high degree of proficiency with Bloomberg is also required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a smart, energetic and driven ETF Capital Markets professional to make a genuine impact with their work, whilst benefitting from being part of a successful and growing platform.
To hear more about this challenging opportunity, please contact Peter Llewellyn on 020 7847 8870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only successful applicants can be contacted.< Back to Opportunities