RFP Writer – Investment Department
A vacancy has arisen in the RFP team to assist in the sales process by developing, maintaining and distributing clear, accurate, consistent and persuasive firm and product information for use in formal institutional and retail business proposals.
Primary responsibilities include the completion of requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs) for institutional and wholesale clients to tight deadlines, managing Barings information on consultant databases, and assisting the sales and investment teams and other members of the RFP team with any requests for information they have.
This is a professional service role which requires a pro-active, organised and diligent person, with a good level of investment knowledge and the ability to work with a wide selection of employees across the firm, including senior investment and sales professionals, to present our investment capabilities in the best light and assist in winning new business for the firm.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
RFP production – process, organisation and timeliness:
- Ensure adherence to the agreed RFP production process which will set out target internal deadlines for everyone involved in the process, from finance and performance, to the RFP team, to the Global Head of RFP, to sales and investment for review.
- Prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Review and action any lender of record claims to/from counterparties.
RFP responses – accuracy and quality:
- Ensure that answers in RFPs are accurate and present the investment case for Barings in the best light at all times.
- Develop excellent knowledge of Barings products, processes and people to ensure that expected accuracy and quality standards are met. Ensure that the competitive advantages of products come across in RFPs.
RFP, product management and sales team assistance – timeliness and quality.
- Respond to requests for assistance from London-based and overseas RFP, product management and sales teams. Work to build knowledge in order to disseminate accurate firm information.
RFP database (PMAPS) – development and maintenance.
- Assist in the on-going enhancement and maintenance of response held on the RFP database PMAPs. Demonstrate strong writing ability to draft any new content required.
- Work with RFP team colleagues, product managers, investment managers and other content owners to ensure accurate, consistent and compelling content.
The ideal candidate would have 1-2 years of experience within the asset management industry and a good level of knowledge across equity, fixed income and multi-asset asset classes. Other key skills include strong organisation and ability to prioritise, commitment to quality, creative writing and excellent attention to detail. Educated to degree level, IMC qualification desirable but not essential. Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
To hear more about this opportunity, please contact Karen Consalvi on 020 7847 8874 or email email@example.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feed back on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.
< Back to Opportunities