RFP Specialist, London
An international asset manager, which is enjoying continued growth, is looking to add two hires to its Request for Proposals (RFP) team. These roles, one permanent and one contract, will support the sales process by strategically preparing complete, accurate and compelling responses to RFPs and other requests from prospects and existing clients. You must have the experience and knowledge to respond to requests by effectively researching, editing and compiling responses for complex and high-profile opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Directly supports the process of responding to RFPs from prospects and existing clients using a combination of pre-written and customised responses. Reviews, interprets, researches, and responds to multiple series of questions about investment options and service offerings within short, predetermined time-frames.
- Utilises a wide variety of resources, including subject matter experts (SMEs) from all business areas to research and write thoughtful responses which respond accurately to detailed questions about the firm’s investment options and service capabilities. Facilitates the addition of these specialised responses to the content database, where appropriate.
- Coordinates SME research as needed, drafts responses, and makes value-added suggestions to enhance the overall marketing position of RFP responses.
- Ensures content consistency across sales mediums by identifying standard and non-standard responses and partnering with the appropriate SMEs to devise new responses when warranted. Focuses on using the firm’s excellence principles to identify and own process improvements.
- Acts as team resource and back-up to RFP leadership. Assists with reviewing RFP drafts and managing the RFP queue and reporting needs. Mentors team members through leading by example. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff.
- May be responsible for responding to other requests including industry surveys, when requested, in an accurate and timely manner. Obtaining approval when needed, and ensuring consistency with responses.
- Displays professionalism by taking ownership of RFP completion and ensuring that both internal and external client deadlines are not missed.
- Maintains strong knowledge of the company’s products and services. Provides information on investment options and incorporates fund performance and other data where necessary. Partners with members of the Sales teams to strategically position investment options and services.
- Responsible for understanding and ensuring the effective use of RFP software applications.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility by accommodating frequent workload changes and tight deadlines. Thinks strategically about the best ways to complete requests. Practices effective time and project management skills, keeping all stakeholders in the process updated on progress.
- Provides the RFP content manager with direction and in the absence of a RFP content manager, uses judgment to determine which RFP responses should be added to the content database. Participates in potential presentations to the team, management and, other departments if applicable.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in RFPs, Sales, or marketing related activities is preferred.
- A strong technical understanding of the asset management industry, including fund and/or product and services capabilities knowledge preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently, and to handle workload changes and tight deadlines. Project experience preferred.
- Professional presence; ability to interact with senior-level management across the organisation.
- First-rate written and oral communication skills are essential. Must be able to develop information into thoughtful and professional content for use in the sales process.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
This is a highly respected RFP team, working under an experienced Manager who will equip his team with the skills required to go on and build a successful career within the asset management industry, at an organisation where this progression is positively channelled.
To hear more about htis opportunity, please contact Peter Llewellyn on 020 7847 8873 or email email@example.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feed back on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.< Back to Opportunities