Fund Administrator / Fund Accountant (Asset Management)
This leading independent investment manager, with over $60bn AUM across a range of asset classes, currently have the following opportunity available within their Fund Administration Team:
Role & Responsibilities
- To perform the day-to-day work in the fund administration team including maintaining accurate investment records for each client; preparing regular and ad-hoc client reports and maintaining good working relationships with both internal and external clients and third parties
- Update and monitor Portia accounting system to ensure all cash, income, trading, corporate actions etc. are accurately reflected and in line with custodian records on each portfolio.
- Investigate differences and work with internal departments and third parties, such as custodians, to resolve issues in accordance with company procedures and industry standards.
- Review and distribution of monthly and quarterly client valuations
- Ensure all reporting data has been populated accurately including independent verification of portfolio performance.
- Manage key relationships with external and internal clients and third parties, providing support when required.
- Complete full month end market value reconciliation for each portfolio versus custodian records, ensuring all outstanding differences outside agreed tolerances are fully investigated and documented.
- Understand each portfolio’s withholding tax position across international markets to ensure income is recorded and received correctly.
- Working with custodians to assess missing tax reduction or exemption paperwork.
- Oversee accurate and timely daily and monthly NAV sign off for the client’s fund vehicles.
- Work with third party fund administrators agreeing annual fund expense budgets.
- Reconcile the monthly expense accruals and expense cap calculations across the client’s funds arranging reimbursements to funds operating above their expense cap.
- Negotiating fee structure with vendors who supply services to the client’s funds vehicles.
- Annual fund audits – work with nominated external auditors and other third parties providing any necessary information to assist in the preparation of annual financial statements for each fund.
- Assist with the maintenance of fund products including opening and closing of funds.
- Assist with the modelling of operating costs for the client’s fund products that could be launched in the future.
Background & Experience
- Strong investment accounting and fund administration knowledge
- IAQ/IMC Award or equivalent – beneficial.
- Strong international settlements knowledge – preferred
- Knowledge of international withholding tax – preferred
- Relevant financial Degree together with 3 A’ levels (preferably to include mathematics)
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Offer solutions and add value
- Adaptability, teamwork and good problem-solving skills
- Achievement focused
To hear more about this challenging opportunity, please contact Karen Consalvi on 020 7847 8874 or email email@example.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.< Back to Opportunities