Equity Analyst, Small & Mid-Cap, London
An established and successful Investment Management business, with around £30Bn under management, is looking for a high calibre and commercially astute Analyst to join their Small & Mid-Cap Equities team.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be charged with providing research and investment ideas on Small and Mid-Cap companies, in particular in respect of analysis of the ‘impact’ potential of engagement with investee companies from the perspective of ‘sustainable development goals’ (SDG).
- Research on companies: analysis of SDG factors for incorporation into investment appraisals, including a contribution to the formulation of an engagement plan; regular investment research and valuation work in supporting the regional Portfolio Managers, including DCF modelling.
- Participate in peer reviews of investments, Composition Review and other portfolio management activity.
- Meet, visit and analyse companies, either on own or with PMs or other team members.
- Ad-hoc analysis in relation to investment themes, economics and strategy, portfolio exposures and risk.
- Qualitative and quantitative assessment of progress of engagement plans and reporting thereof.
- Familiarity with current developments in responsible / impact investing, including data collection and reporting standards.
- Build relationships with other investment teams and the Responsibility & Impact teams. This may include taking part in thematic/ sector/ country activities. Liaise with other investment teams to source ideas for the fund.
To apply for this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
- Equity analysis, preferably bottom-up fundamental stock picking and in Small & Mid-cap sector. Highly proficient valuation and modelling skills (DCF modelling in particular).
- Sector knowledge, with a perspective and appreciation of the financial drivers of value across different sectors.
- Experience of handling meetings and questioning senior level company management teams.
- Excellent academic qualifications, will be educated to at least honours degree level and ideally will have CFA.
- Passion for investing and a desire to develop a career within fund management.
- Strong analytical ability, initiative, independent thinker, highly numerate and computer literate.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in both written and oral form; ability to cope with robust debate and challenge to investment theses.
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce consistent results, in line with team objectives. Good organisational and time management skills.
- Good team player; adaptable and flexible. Able to work within a small team
This is a great opportunity for a skilled investment professional who wishes to progress their career as part of a highly experienced and highly regarded team.
To hear more about this challenging opportunity, please contact Peter Llewellyn on 020 7847 8873 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that, due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants can be contacted.< Back to Opportunities