Assistant Portfolio Manager/Front Office Research Analyst – Small Cap
An excellent opportunity has arisen within this market leading Investment house for a APM/ Front Office Research Analyst to join their highly successful Small Cap Team. Working alongside a small team of investment professionals you will contribute within the following areas:
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for conducting equity research and analytical studies for the Small Cap Team, focusing on specific countries.
- Research – Production of high quality country, industry and stock investment research. These responsibilities include specific industry/sectors and countries; produce regional meeting materials;
- Decision making – translating research into contributing towards investment decisions that are appropriate to each product type.
- Implementation – work with Implementation Team to implement investment policy; backup other investment professionals as necessary within specified limits.
- Assist with establishing client and consultant relationships for nominated clients, by being responsive to all requirements.
- Support Company’s client service and marketing operations by assisting in preparation work and assisting with consultant and potential client presentations within specified limits. Work with Client services in responding to RFP’s and Consultant information requests.
- Production of monthly and ad hoc investment reports and communications to clients, and consultants.
- Active contribution to the decision making process of fund allocation and investment strategy resulting in improving fund performance;
- Knowledge of firm’s products and services and detailed knowledge of small cap product and universe.
Background and Experience
- Outstanding academic background; CFA Level I or equivalent
- Knowledge of relevant Small Cap portfolios
- Microsoft Excel skills (advanced);
- Able to operate Datastream, Reuters and Bloomberg information systems;
- Proven analytical capability and experience.
- Understanding of stock market and industry operating and investment valuation context.
- Strong numeracy and written skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment & possess well developed interpersonal skills
- Needs to assimilate information quickly
- High potential; very bright with an energetic approach
- Strong mathematical skills – able to cope with numbers but needs to be a ‘rounded’ individual
- A Level Maths (Grade A*, A)
Please note, a SHL numerical assessment, Excel and in-house analytical testing will take place on site
To hear more about this challenging opportunity, please contact Karen Consalvi on 020 7847 8874 or email email@example.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feed back on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.< Back to Opportunities